- botox, botox injections, botox lip flip, botox montreal
Follow any beauty guru on social media, and you’ll immediately see that fuller lips are definitely in these days. Experts say the trend started about two years ago, when celebrities, models, and socialites began sporting plump pouts. The pattern soon went mainstream, and women from all walks of life are now seeking to enhance their lips. For some women, thin lips can create a sense of insecurity. Luckily these days, we have the means to create a beautiful pout, which is why we’re exploring the before and after effects of lip fillers.
What Are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are typically made from natural sugars that are broken down by the body over a period of time. Each plastic surgeon uses a different mix of fillers to create the desired look, just like an artist will mix different paints to create a stunning portrait.
Here are some of the different fillers used:
- Restylane-L: Now known as Restylane Lidocaine, this filler is used to correct wrinkles and lip enhancements.
- Restylane Refyne: this is used to correct moderate facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Kysse: this filler helps add or restore volume by creating a durable and natural effect making your lips looks soft and plump.
- Restylane Skinboosters: this is a new filler on the market that helps improve skin smoothness, appearance and elasticity in the face, upper neck, and back of the hands.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC: this filler is used to enhance and define lips, cheeks, and jawline.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC: gently restores fullness and shape to your lips.
- Juvéderm Voluma: restore lost fullness and enhance the cheeks and chin for a more youthful look.
It’s common practice for the doctor to apply lidocaine cream on your lips, which numbs the area to prevent the patient from feeling any pain during the procedure. Your lips may feel a bit numb or tingly after, but this typically subsides within a few hours.
Do Your Research
It’s crucial to do your research before booking an appointment with a plastic surgeon. We recommend checking out online reviews at realself.com and ask your social network for referrals that showcase stunning before and after results. Always make sure it’s a board-certified doctor performing the procedure and stay away from spas that are operated solely by nurses or beauticians.
How Long Does It Take?
Getting your lips done is a lunchtime procedure and takes only 30 minutes to an hour. Some patients may experience a bit of bruising, but this will go away within a few days. Women often return to the office or resume their daily activities, as there’s no recovery time required.
Are The Results Immediate?
Depending on the product, the lips may be slightly swollen for the first seven days or less, but this will quickly subside, revealing a beautiful before and after result. Make sure to keep those gorgeous lips hydrated with some hypoallergenic lip balm and avoid lipstick for the first 24 hours.
Go For A Natural Look
Start off gradually, as you don’t want to go for a dramatic enhancement that will shock your friends and family. Feel free to bring inspirational photos to the doctor’s office but remain realistic. We suggest working with your doctor to increase the size of your lips over an extended period to create a natural result.
How Do I Maintain Them?
The before and after effects are quite stunning, and it’s essential to visit the doctor every six to 12 months to touch up your fillers. Each person’s body absorbs fillers at a different rate, and new research indicates that lifestyle factors can play a huge role. For example, researchers found that women who led physically active lives had their lip filler dissolve quicker as opposed to those who were more sedentary.
Lip fillers are a great way to add a bit of volume to your lips, creating a beautiful effect and complementing your entire face. If you’re thinking about getting this treatment done and you live in the Montreal or Laval, contact Dr. James Lee. He’s one of the leading plastic surgeons in the city and can help you achieve a beautiful, soft pout.